The International Cesarean Awareness Network, Inc. (ICAN) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans through education, providing support for cesarean recovery, and promoting Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC).
ICAN In the News
A mom in Arkansas is fighting a VBAC Ban. She will have to drive an hour away to be "allowed" to VBAC after her current hospital's VBAC policy changed to no longer support VBAC.
ICAN's Speaker Series Event
ICAN Educational Webinar
MamAmor dolls are handcrafted birthing and breastfeeding dolls created to help birthing families prepare their children for the arrival of new siblings. MamAmor dolls are unique educational teaching tools for birthing, breastfeeding and babywearing professionals.
What can MamAmor dolls do?
• Demonstrate vaginal birth, including breech and posterior presentation births. Our VBAC dolls version can demonstrate a VBAC, including breech and posterior presentation VBAC
• Breastfeed their newborns and demonstrate several breastfeeding positions
• Carry their babies in a sling or any other baby carrier.
Are MamAmor dolls right for you?
They are, if you:
• Want to teach your child - through play -, the different ways babies can be born
• Are trying to have a VBAC, and want to explain to your cesarean birth child how she/he was born, and how you are hoping your next baby will be born.
• Have had a cesarean birth or a VBAC birth and want tell your child her/his own birth story.
• Have had only cesarean births and want to explain to your child/children the cesarean procedure without being too graphic.
• Have had a cesarean birth and you are emotionally struggling to come to terms with the event, VBAC dolls can be very comforting and loving companions in your healing journey.
• Are a Doula, Midwife, Lactation Consultant or Childbirth Educator and want a visual tool to teach your clients about birth, breastfeeding and bonding in an interactive, playful and hands on manner.
MamAmor believes that birth is a normal life event, that breastfeeding is a human right, and that bonding early with your child is the foundation of a lifelong loving and trusting relationship. Their desire is to share these beliefs with families, soon-to-be parents and birth, breastfeeding and babywearing professionals through education and play with MamAmor dolls.
Find out more about MamAmor dolls at:www.MamAmorDolls.com
The International Cesarean Awareness Network, Inc. (ICAN) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans through education, providing support for cesarean recovery, and promoting Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC). read more »
Copyright © 2013 International Cesarean Awareness Network